Thursday, September 11, 2014

Almost Done!

Just a couple more layouts to go and then Ben's graduation book will be done!  Here is my latest installment :-)




 I was inspired by several challenges on this one.  I had made the decision to make the whole album in a burgandy, white, and black with some accents color scheme.  But after a while, they start looking the same -- which is why I love challenges that push me outside my box!  Lasting Memories had an Asian theme challenge -- never would have considered this pattern paper without the inspiration:




It's on the left, bottom.  To go along with it, I used some old, old, ollllld mullberry paper.  It's hard to see in the photos, but there are flower/leaf bits in the paper.  The pages started to come together -- but it still wasn't done.  Love to Scrap Challenge Blog had a challenge themed "Let's Fly Away" -- so  I added the "Landed Here" card (with an old-time plane on it) and then added the arrow pointing to VAAS (the name of the high school).  Since a stamp of some sort was required for the LTSCB, the "Fine & Dandy" and "Simply the Best" stamps filled in some space that was looking a bit bare.  Although they don't really fly away, the pin wheels came from this inspiration also.  

Next cam a challenge that I thought I might have to pass on -- Scrapbook Circle's Gold Challenge.  Bling is just not my thing.  But then DCWV came out with their September Stackaholic sketch and I LOVED it.  As I was flipping through my DCWV stacks to decide what to use -- the gold foil accents from the Tradewinds stack popped out at me.  Love this stack.  But it is REALLY hard to photograph.  I added some washi tape and ribbon and that gorgeous bling swirl.  

Here's the sketch:

And here's my layout:



Oops, forgot my title.  Here's another look at each side:



And some details:


And my last layout (for now :-) -- is our dinner at Brent's.  I used the right side of this Let's Scrap sketch:


And here's the layout:


It's also for the Lasting Memories challenge, "Let's Celebrate".  After all the stress the last few weeks before graduation, we were definitely celebrating!



16 comments:

  1. Love these pages - I'm so impressed that you picked a colour theme and followed it throughout your album. Lovely photographs and so beautifully scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! So glad we helped you get out of your box a little and try something new. That's our goal! These pages are beautiful! A treasured album for sure. Thank you so much for joining both our Asian and Celebration themed challenges at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stubbibg take on the Let's Scrap sketch! Beautiful colors and i love all the details. It would be correct to link to Let's Scrap blog when showing and using sketches from the blog. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ment to write stunning take on the sketch.

      Delete
    2. Susanna -- don't know why the link to Let's Scrap didn't take -- all the others did. Fixed now. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Nice work on Let's Scrap sketch with the grads photos!
    Love that old time plane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are almost done with an entire themed album!! Great "celebration" page for sure! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to play along at Let's Scrap...must feel great to have so much of this grad album completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well done - what a wonderful set of pages you have done for your son. Many thanks for joining in with us on Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you were really busy:) Love these layouts. Congrats to your son. I love the pinwheels. The plane definately fits our flying theme. Thanks for joining Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this double pager.. They are awesome! Well done to Ben for graduating! And great pages, thanks for sharing..
    Toni - LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout!! I'm glad to see you playing along with us!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome layouts, love all three of them. Great job incorporating the asian theme into the first one, looks great. Thanks for playing along at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete